Calvary Leadership Institute Purpose:
To be highly intentional in developing leaders for full-time Christian service through mentoring, education, and hands-on ministry experience. Various ministry competencies will be explored including Ministry, Leadership, Practical, and Personal.
This summer experience affords an intern a great opportunity to be fully immersed in a variety of ministry areas as they search for God’s guidance for their future.
- 10-week commitment
- $2000 stipend for the summer
- Housing provided
- Oversight by primary Ministry Mentor
- Open to college students seeking God’s direction in future ministry opportunities
Calvary offers two full-time residency opportunities for individuals based on their education, ministry, and life experience.
A 12-month program with a Fall or Spring start date
Minimum of 32-hour commitment per week including Sundays
Leadership training includes orientation, CLI Huddles, and workshops provided
An individual has a calling into vocational ministry and has had some ministry experience
The resident is placed with a Ministry Mentor with one of Calvary’s staff
Individuals must agree with Calvary’s mission, vision, statement of faith
The resident is considered a part of Calvary staff
Resident receives various perks during Residency but does not qualify for full benefits of a staff member
Must have completed a minimum of 12 credit hours of Biblical studies. If not, will be required to do so while completing their Residency through Hope International University
This residency program gives an individual the opportunity to see a variety of church ministry experiences while being led by a primary Ministry Mentor.
- Must have completed their Junior year of college or equivalent
- Residents receive a $1000 per month stipend and housing
This residency program allows an individual to focus on a specific ministry area in which they feel God is calling them for future ministry.
- Must have completed a Bachelor degree or is a second career individual with work and life experience equivalent
- Residents receive a $2000 per month stipend
- Has an opportunity to complete a Master’s degree with Hope International University as part of their residency program
Residency Ministry Tracks
Marriage, Divorce, Financial
Christian Ministry Certificate
Calvary has formed a partnership with Hope International University for individuals who would like Biblical education from an accredited Christian University. There are two options for this certificate.
- Bachelor level courses
- Each course would transfer into an online Bachelor of Christian Ministry degree if desired through Hope International University
- The cost is $100 per credit hour.
- No stipend or housing is provided but educational scholarship funds may be available to those who attend Calvary
School of Advanced Leadership Training – 12 credit hour certificate
The SALT program is for those who desire to get some general knowledge in a particular field and decide if they want to pursue further studies.
The student would take four (3) hour online credit courses which are 8 weeks long in one of the following areas:
- Certificate of Ministry
- Certificate of Children’s Ministry Leadership
- Certificate of Evangelism
Calvary Christian Ministry Certificate
36 credit hour certificate
The certificate is designed specifically for Calvary individuals who think that God is calling them to Christian ministry. This certificate gives them classroom education as well as practical experience. This certificate will take 18-24 months to complete.
Most classes will be taken online with the possibility of in-person classes taught by Calvary individuals. Course work would include:
- Lower Division Biblical Studies and Humanities – 12 credit hours
- Christian Ministry Major – 9 credit hours
- Ministry Elective – 3 credit hours
- Practical Learning Units – 12 credit hours. This equals 1200 apprenticeship hours of practicum and weekly course work. Individuals do have the opportunity to apply for a one-year Advanced Residency position to complete the required 1200 hours if they desire.
Individuals pursuing the SALT or CCM certificate are not considered Calvary staff but are welcome and encouraged to participate in CLI weekly huddles and Calvary staff meetings for personal growth and development as their schedule allows.